Oman reported 102 new cases of the deadly coronavirus, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 1,716, the Ministry of Health announced on Thursday.
For more coronavirus news, visit our dedicated page.
Thirty-three new cases are of Omani nationals, while 69 are of expatriates, the ministry said in a statement.
So far, 307 people have recovered from the virus and eight people have died.
Oman reported its first two cases of coronavirus on February 24 after two Omani women caught the disease on a trip to Iran.
Since then, the country has imposed several strict measures to prevent the virus from spreading, which includes an order to lockdown the capital Muscat completely.
So far, Oman has been reporting a steady increase in the number of daily reported cases. However, Health Minister Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Obaid warned earlier this month that that cases will continue to rise.
“The cases are increasing, and we have not reached the peak,” he said at a press conference.
The ministry urged the public to adhere to precautionary measures and maintain social distancing practices to ensure the virus does not spread.