Yemen reports five new coronavirus cases and two virus-related deaths, which brings the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 70 and the death toll to 12, the country’s supreme national emergency committee for COVID-19 announced.
For more coronavirus news, visit our dedicated page.
The province of Marib, located east of the capital Sanaa, recorded its first infection. Two cases were also found in Aden and two others in Lahij governorate.
The World Health Organization (WHO) suspended all staff activity in the Iran-backed Houthi-held areas of Yemen earlier this week.
The move was said to be aimed at putting pressure the Houthis to be more transparent about suspected coronavirus cases.
Saudi Arabia to host donation conference for Yemen on June 2 amid coronavirusSaudi Arabia will host a donor conference to support Yemen on June 2, in partnership with the United Nations, state news agency SPA reported on Sunday ... Coronavirus
WHO suspends staff activity in Houthi-held areas in Yemen: ReportThe World Health Organization (WHO) has suspended staff activity at its hubs in the Iran-backed Houthi-held areas of Yemen, a directive seen by ... Coronavirus
US announces $225 million in emergency aid to Yemen amid coronavirus outbreakThe United States will provide $225 million in emergency aid to Yemen to support food programs, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday, ... Coronavirus