Coronavirus: Kuwait records three fatalities, 804 new cases, total now 17,568
Kuwait has confirmed 804 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, raising the total to 17,568 on Wednesday, according to the health ministry.
A spokesman also said three people died due to complications after having contracted the virus. The country’s relatively low death toll has reached 124.
Read the latest coronavirus updates in our dedicated section.
Despite its increasing infection numbers, Kuwait has also seen an increase in daily recoveries with 4,885 total after 204 people recovered over the past 24 hours.
As part of its efforts to slow the spread of the virus, the health ministry has expanded its testing capacity and has so far conducted 256,314 screenings across the Kingdom.
The newly confirmed cases were detected as part of the latest 4,885 tests administered.
Of the new cases, 261 are Indian residents, 170 Kuwaiti nationals, 140 Egyptian residents, 67 from Bangladesh and the rest are of various nationalities, according to the spokesman.
As numbers may be increasing, the spokesman said there is no reason to worry and that most confirmed cases have minimal to mild symptoms. He also said the country’s efforts in active surveillance and contact tracing have led to discovering more cases.
“Things are still under control and the numbers are within what is expected,” he said.
The ministry continues to urge people to adhere to preventative measures and to maintain social distancing in an effort to slow the spread of the virus.