Bahrain has recorded 444 new coronavirus cases and one COVID-19-related death on Saturday, according to the ministry of health.
The ministry said that a 64-year-old male expatriate who was suffering from chronic diseases passed away.
Read the latest updates in our dedicated coronavirus section.
It added that 291 infections out of the 444 were detected among migrant workers, while 144 patients contracted the virus by coming into contact with active cases, while nine cases were travel-related, according to the ministry.
It said that it conducted 6,713 COVID-19 tests on June 12.
Bahrain’s recoveries have continued to increase to 12,191 after 288 individuals who had previously tested positive for the virus recovered, according to the ministry.
Coronavirus: Bahrain school holds drive-through graduation on F1 circuitAs coronavirus bans wreak havoc on events, one Bahrain school has honored its seniors with a “drive-through” graduation ceremony complete with ... Coronavirus
Coronavirus: Bahrain reports 468 new cases, raising total to 16,668Bahrain has recorded 468 new coronavirus cases after conducting 7,776 new tests, raising the total cases to 16,669, the health ministry announced on ... Coronavirus
Bahrain’s 400m world champion runner Naser defends herself after suspensionWorld 400 meters champion Salwa Eid Naser was provisionally suspended for registering four “whereabouts failures,” the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) ... Sports