Coronavirus: Bahrain extends all valid, expired visit visas by three months
Bahrain has announced that authorities will be extending the validity of all valid and expired visit visas by an additional three months until October 21 amid circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
The announcement was made by authorities from Bahrain’s Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs (NPRA) who confirmed that visitors who intend to stay in the Kingdom beyond 21 October 2020 will be allowed to apply through the eVisa portal to renew their visit visas.
For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
“The decision will reduce the implications of the global pandemic by enabling visitors to correct their immigration status free of charge. The NPRA emphasized that the validity of all visit visas will be automatically renewed for the upcoming three months,” NPRA said.
“This decision follows the directives of the Government Executive Committee chaired by His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Prime Minister to unite national efforts in the wake of the spread of COVID-19 across the world,” authorities added.
Visit our dedicated coronavirus site here for all the latest updates.
Coronavirus: Bahrain jails COVID-19 patient for deliberately coughing on doctors
Coronavirus: Gulf Arab COVID-19 recovery rate above global average, reveals data
Coronavirus: Bahrain-Saudi Arabia King Fahd bridge to reopen after Eid, says report
Coronavirus: Bahrain to pay half of wages to help COVID-19 hit private firms
Bahrain reported 380 new cases of the deadly novel coronavirus on Tuesday, 205 of whom were detected in migrant workers while 166 cases due to contact with existing coronavirus patients. Nine patients out of the new confirmed cases were detected in arriving passengers from abroad while.
As of Tuesday, Bahrain has confirmed 3732 active cases, 47 of which are in critical condition. So far, 90 active cases are being treated in Bahrain while the island kingdom has confirmed 129 deaths since the outbreak of COVID-19.
Coronavirus: Bahrain jails COVID-19 patient for deliberately coughing on doctorsBahrain’s public prosecutor has charged a COVID-19 patient for deliberately coughing on doctors while not wearing a facemask while visiting a ... Coronavirus
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman receives well wishes from Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan rulersSaudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz received calls from the rulers of Kuwait, Bahrain and Jordan to check on his health, state news agency SPA ... Gulf