The UAE announced that it has delivered 84 tonnes of COVID-19 aid this week to Iraq, Argentina, and Paraguay, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
The aid material includes food for the affected population and medical supplies, which have helped 1.4 million medical workers globally.
UAE COVID-19 aid delivered this week shipments to:— هند مانع العتيبة Hend Al Otaiba (@hend_mana) September 11, 2020
Global reach since pandemic started:
- 1,412 tons delivered
- 1.4 million medical workers supported
Since the pandemic started, the country has sent supplies across the world to help countries overcome the coronavirus and put their economies back on track.
To date, the UAE has delivered 1,412 tonnes of aid to countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas.
- UAE ship carries 2,400 tonnes of aid to Lebanon following Beirut explosion
- Coronavirus: UAE flies aid to Syria to help battle COVID-19
- UAE ship delivers aid to war-torn Yemen
- Coronavirus: UAE provides aid to more than 1 million medical workers worldwide
- Coronavirus: UAE’s Mohammed bin Rashid sends 60 tons of medical aid to UK
- Coronavirus: UAE sends second shipment of medical aid to Iran
- UAE carries out aid mission to Iran with WHO amid coronavirus outbreak
- Saudi Arabia and the UAE pledge $3bn aid for Sudan
- Saudi Arabia, UAE send emergency aid to Iran’s flood-stricken areas