German COVID-19 vaccine maker BioNTech, partner of US pharmaceutical group Pfizer, said on Monday it aims to produce two billion doses of its vaccine this year.
“We now believe that we can potentially deliver approximately 2 billion doses in total by the end of 2021, which incorporates the updated 6-dose label,” BioNTech said in a presentation.
- EU doubles coronavirus vaccine deal with Pfizer-BioNTech to 600 mln doses
- Coronavirus: Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine works against new COVID-19 strain, study shows
- Coronavirus: BioNTech says no data to support delayed COVID-19 vaccine booster shot
- Coronavirus: Spain will administer two doses of BioNTech-Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
- Coronavirus: Pfizer, BioNTech offer vaccine to volunteers who got placebo
- BioNTech to boost vaccine production, say can’t fully cover lack of other vaccines