The WHO and pharmaceuticals giant Pfizer on Friday announced a deal for up to 40 million initial doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for poorer countries, through Covax global pool.
“I’m glad to announce that Covax has signed an agreement with Pfizer-BioNTech for up to 40 million doses of its Covid-19 vaccine,”World Health Organization director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a press conference in Geneva.
For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app
- COVAX vaccine scheme says will supply 1.8 bln doses to poor in 92 countries this year
- US under Biden intends to join COVAX and remain WHO member, says adviser Fauci
- China’s three coronavirus vaccine makers apply to join COVAX scheme
- Lives on the line if world fails with COVID-19 vaccine logistics, warns COVAX chief
- Sanofi, GSK to supply 200 mln vaccine doses to WHO-backed COVAX alliance