Spain will stop using AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine for at least two weeks, Health Minister Carolina Darias said on Monday, joining a growing list of European countries hitting the brakes on the shot over concerns of severe side effects.
Earlier on Monday France, Germany and Italy had joined Denmark, Norway and several others in halting use of the drug after reports of blood clots in some patients who had received the vaccine.
- US AstraZeneca authorization could come in a month, official says
- European Medicines Agency to hold special meet on AstraZeneca vaccine
- European Union mulls visa pressure so northern African states take back migrants
- WHO says effective controls in place as nations pause AstraZeneca shots
- Germany to halt AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccinations, says health ministry