The European Union sealed a deal with Pfizer-BioNTech for the supply of up to 1.8 billion doses of their COVID-19 vaccine, an EU official told Reuters on Friday.
This is the third contract sealed by the bloc with the two companies, which have already agreed to deliver 600 million doses under two previous contracts.
For more coronavirus news, visit our dedicated page.
- EU legal action against AstraZeneca won’t help get more vaccines: German Minister
- J&J COVID-19 jab ‘pause’ under review, US officials hope to resume shots
- Putin announces non-working period in early May to prevent coronavirus surge
- Japan to issue third coronavirus state of emergency in Tokyo, Osaka area
- Australia’s Perth city to enter three-day COVID-19 lockdown from midnight
- WHO chief denounces vaccine inequity as COVAX sharing scheme marks first year