Saudi Arabia has reported 927 new COVID-19 cases and 12 deaths over the past 24 hours, the Ministry of Health confirmed on Friday.
Majority of the new cases, 265, were detected in the capital Riyadh, while 262 cases were confirmed in Mecca.
Read the latest updates in our dedicated coronavirus section.
The latest confirmed fatalities took the death toll to 7,134, according to the ministry.
#الصحة تعلن عن تسجيل (927) حالة إصابة جديدة بفيروس كورونا (كوفيد-19)، وتسجيل (12) حالات وفيات رحمهم الله، وتسجيل (1608) حالة تعافي ليصبح إجمالي عدد الحالات المتعافية (415,747) حالة ولله الحمد. pic.twitter.com/PKxczbia0h— و ز ا ر ة ا لـ صـ حـ ة السعودية (@SaudiMOH) May 14, 2021
Meanwhile, an additional 1,608 people who had previously tested positive for the virus recovered, raising the total number of recoveries to 415,747.
- UAE reports 1,452 COVID-19 cases, three deaths
- Saudi Arabia to require arriving foreign visitors to quarantine for a week
- Saudi Arabia to hold Hajj pilgrimage under ‘special conditions’ amid COVID-19
- Covid-hit India welcomes Gulf medical aid, boosts oil imports from Saudi Aramco
- Saudi Arabia to make COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory for all workers