Saudi Arabia on Friday reported 1,201 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of cases to 455,418, according to the Ministry of Health.
The number of recoveries rose by 1,322 to 438, 206, while the death toll rose to 7,424 after 16new deaths were recorded.
There are 9,788 active coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia, of which 1,528 are critical cases, the health ministry said.
Riyadh, the capital, reported 294 COVID-19 cases, while the Mecca region had 370 cases, Madina had 92 cases, and the Eastern Province had 167 cases.
#الصحة تعلن عن تسجيل (1201) حالة إصابة جديدة بفيروس كورونا (كوفيد-19)، وتسجيل (16) حالات وفيات رحمهم الله، وتسجيل (1322) حالة تعافي ليصبح إجمالي عدد الحالات المتعافية (438,206) حالة ولله الحمد. pic.twitter.com/TRUB5uZ7ne— و ز ا ر ة ا لـ صـ حـ ة السعودية (@SaudiMOH) June 4, 2021
As of Friday, the Kingdom had administered 14,652,758 COVID-19 vaccine doses.
- Saudi Arabia draws hundreds at first Riyadh concert since COVID-19 outbreak
- UAE announces 2,062 new COVID-19 cases, two deaths in 24 hours
- US drugmaker AstraZeneca lines up finance chief Marc Dunoyer to head Alexion
- US expert Fauci calls on China to release medical records of Wuhan lab workers: FT
- UAE, Bahrain make Pfizer/BioNTech shot available to those who got Sinopharm vaccine
- In declining trend, India’s COVID-19 recoveries exceed new cases