The World Health Organization’s emergency committee warned Thursday that new concerning variants of Covid-19 were expected to spread around the world, making it even harder to halt the pandemic.
“The pandemic is nowhere near finished,” the committee said in a statement, highlighting “the strong likelihood for the emergence and global spread of new and possibly more dangerous variants of concern that may be even more challenging to control.”
Read the latest updates in our dedicated coronavirus section.
- All COVID-19 cases in Portugal’s Lisbon, Algarve are of Delta variant
- COVID-19 Delta variant cases in Turkey nearly triple in a week: Minister
- Israel adjusts COVID-19 strategy as Delta variant hits
- Delta variant to account for most new French COVID-19 cases: Minister
- Delta-spurred curbs cloud European economic recovery outlook