The UAE announced on Monday 1,060 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the UAE to 710,438, according to the Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP).
There were four deaths due to COVID-19 complications during the same period, bringing the total number of deaths in the country to 2,024, reported the Emirates News Agency (WAM), citing the Health Ministry.
Read the latest updates in our dedicated coronavirus section.
The infected individuals are from various nationalities, according to the Ministry. They are in a stable condition and receiving the necessary care.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
MoHAP also noted that an additional 1,659 individuals had fully recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total number of recoveries to 692,585.
The Ministry conducted 290,691 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.
In a statement, the Ministry stressed its aim to continue expanding the scope of testing nationwide to facilitate the early detection of coronavirus cases and carry out the necessary treatment.
- Oman to allow entry of travelers with COVID-19 vaccine certificate
- Most popular Facebook post of 2021 cast doubt on COVID-19 vaccines
- Flu shots may be less effective due to limitations caused by COVID-19 on data: Expert
- Saudi Arabia detects less than 500 COVID-19 cases for fourth consecutive day
- UAE to require COVID-19 PCR test every week for unvaccinated students above age 12
- Iran COVID-19 deaths at new daily high as nationwide curbs lifted