Seven Cambodians die after drinking alcohol disinfectant

Published: Updated:
Read Mode
100% Font Size
1 min read

Seven Cambodian laborers have died after drinking alcohol they were given as a disinfectant in a quarantine and mixed it with water and soft drinks, the Health Ministry said Saturday.

The laborers had returned from Thailand and were placed in a coronavirus quarantine camp in northwestern Banteay Meanchey province.

For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

The Health Ministry said 12 others were hospitalized after drinking the mix on Tuesday and Wednesday. They complained of headaches, dizziness and difficulty in breathing.

Experts collected the samples and took them to a laboratory in Phnom Penh for an analysis.

Read more:

Coronavirus: US again warns drinking bleach is not COVID-19 cure as poison rates jump

Coronavirus: White House accuses media of twisting Trump’s ‘disinfectant’ remarks

Top Content Trending