The United Nations on Wednesday warned that violent attacks on international peacekeepers and civilians in Sudan’s conflict-torn Darfur region have been increasing while tens of thousands of people have been forced to flee the fighting.
Attacks on peacekeepers, civilians in Darfur increasing: U.N.
A member of the joint U.N. African Union Mission in Darfur (UNAMID), right, escorts three freed humanitarian workers out of a U.N. helicopter as they landed in Darfur, July 19, 2014. (File Photo: AP)
- 11055 Views Dubai’s Bayut, Dubizzle owners, EMPG, OLX to merge, forming $1 bln unicorn start up
- 2086 Views Coronavirus: Am I allowed to leave Abu Dhabi? UAE movement ban questions answered
- 1091 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia remittances increase in Q1 despite outbreak
- 994 Views Kurdish man killed in Turkey for listening to Kurdish songs: Report
- 298 Views Qatar’s former emir, PM assure Gaddafi Al Jazeera won’t host anti-Libya guests: Audio
- 250 Views Saudi nationals keen on travel as coronavirus restrictions are eased: Survey
- 164396 Views Coronavirus: Emirates allows booking flights from Dubai to 12 Arab states from July 1
- 32860 Views Japan will only back Lebanon IMF bailout if it deports Carlos Ghosn: Nissan Lawyer
- 18723 Views Coronavirus: Sudan ex-President Omar al-Bashir in hospital with symptoms, says report
- 17696 Views Netflix documentary criticized for saying Saudi Arabia gained independence in 1932
- 16242 Views Coronavirus: UAE bans movement in, out of Abu Dhabi as lockdown tightened
- 15066 Views Archaeologists reveal well-preserved Roman mosaic in Italy’s Verona