Egypt’s Al-Azhar praised the position taken by several Arab leaders to suspend ties with the Qatari government to ensure the unity and stability of the Arab nations, it said in a statement on Tuesday.
Egypt’s Al-Azhar: Severing ties with Qatar necessary to protect the Arab world
Muslim worshippers walk in the courtyard of Al-Azhar Mosque before Friday afternoon prayers, in the Islamic Cairo neighborhood after Friday noon prayers in Cairo, Egypt. (File photo: AP)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English
- 14037 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 3391 Views Azerbaijan denies Armenian ambassador claims that Turkey sent 4,000 Syrian fighters
- 3098 Views Armenia accuses Turkey of direct military support for Azerbaijan, Baku denies
- 2708 Views Saudi Arabia sends world-first shipment of blue ammonia to Japan
- 1984 Views Saudi Arabia calls for peaceful solution to conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 1908 Views Saudi Arabia takes down terrorist cell trained by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards
- 36045 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 16442 Views Another country will sign a peace deal with Israel in ‘next day or two’: US diplomat
- 16034 Views Coronavirus: UAE records over 1,000 COVID-19 cases, its highest single day spike
- 14405 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 13677 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 13503 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report