Saudi child electrocuted inside a swimming pool in India

The incident occurred around 6.30 pm at a resort at Ammankary district in Kumarakom. (Couretsy Aveda Resorts and Spa)

A Saudi boy was electrocuted in a children's swimming pool at a tourist resort in India's Kumarakom city on Thursday leading to his death.

Indian police opened an investigation into the death of four-year-old Aladdin Majid Ibrahim whose family said his death was not normal.

The father, Majid Ibrahim from Jeddah, told Asianet News channel that his son was killed by the electric shock. “Someone tried to pull him out but when he held him he was shocked so he dropped him back in the pool but then the person tried again and by that time his body was already paralysed,” the father told the news channel.

courtesy Asianet News

courtesy Asianet News

According to The New Indian Express newspaper the incident occurred around 6.30 pm at a resort at Ammankary district in Kumarakom. The Saudi Consulate in Mumbai has reportedly intervened in the incident, the newspaper reported.

An autopsy report confirmed that the child died as a result of the drowning, but the police reported that the person who pulled the child out of the water was feeling electric shock, pointing out that an electric wire was found near the swimming pool, and that he was filmed and handed over to the police, The New Indian Express further reported.

One of the police officials said that the child suddenly fell into the swimming pool, while there were two other children inside the swimming pool, indicating that the child was rushed to the hospital but he died.

SHOW MORE
Last Update: Wednesday, 20 May 2020 KSA 09:50 - GMT 06:50
Top