World states condemn Houthi attack with seven missiles on Saudi Arabia

The US State Department on Monday condemned the missile attacks that Houthi militias launched towards Riyadh. (Shutterstock)

The US State Department on Monday condemned the missile attacks that Houthi militias launched, Sunday night, towards Riyadh and were intercepted by Saudi Arabia’s civil defense.

"We support our Saudi partners in defending their borders," the US State Department said.

Spokesperson of the US Department of State Heather Nauert said: "Our condolences go out to the family of the victim. The United States supports our Saudi partners’ right to defend their borders against these threats."

"We continue to call on all parties, including the Houthis, to return to political negotiations and move toward ending the war in Yemen," she added.

Russia

Russia strongly condemned missile missiles launched by Houthi coup militias from the territory of the Republic of Yemen against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia last night.

"Moscow strongly condemns such indiscriminate missile strikes, which hit populated areas and their residents," the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement today, calling upon the Yemeni parties to return to the negotiation table as soon as possible.

Germany

In a statement issued today, the ministry said that there is no justification for this act which resulted in killing one person and wounding others, demanding the halt of targeting the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with missiles.

The German foreign ministry added that targeting Saudi Arabia by ballistic missiles would escalate conflicts in the region.

France

France strongly condemned the launch by the Houthi coup militias of several ballistic missiles against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia last night.

In a statement issued today, French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian affirmed that this attack is a further assault on Saudi Arabia’s security and on peace and security in the region, stressing that France announces its support for and solidarity with the Kingdom.

The spokesman of the coalition forces, Colonel Turki al-Maliki had said earlier that on Sunday evening, the air defense of the coalition forces intercepted seven ballistic missiles from within the territory of Yemen heading towards Riyadh.

The Iran-aligned Houthi rebels fired three missiles at Riyadh and four others at the southern cities of Khamis Mushait, Jizan and Najran, with the coalition saying they all targeted populated areas.

"This aggressive and hostile action by the Iran-backed Houthi group proves that the Iranian regime continues to support the armed group with military capabilities," Arab Coalition spokesman Turki al-Malki said.

"The firing of multiple ballistic missiles towards cities is a serious development."

The shrapnel fell on a residential house causing the death of a resident and injury of two others, all of them of Egyptian nationality.

SHOW MORE
Last Update: 16:03 KSA 19:03 - GMT 16:03
Top