Yemeni information minister says Houthi militias have broken the truce

Yemeni Information Minister Moammar al-Eryani said that the Houthis fired a missile targeting Saudi territories. (File photo)

Yemen’s Information Minister Moammar al-Eryani confirmed that the Houthi militias have broken the ceasefire after firing a missile targeting Saudi territories just hours after saying that they were halting drone and missile attacks on Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and their Yemeni allies.

“Hours after a statement issued by Al-Houthi announcing the halt of ballistic missile fire, one of their fighters directed one of its rockets targeting the lands of Saudi Arabia,” al-Eryani tweeted.

“The Iranian missile did not achieve its goal and fell in Yemeni territory, confirmed how the militias do not stick with their word.”

Meanwhile, the Arab Coalition had confirmed that forces have intercepted and destroyed three ballistic missiles launched by the

Houthi militias at Marib a day earlier on Sunday. The coalition’s air defenses last week had also intercepted two ballistic missiles fired by the militias toward the coalition headquarters in the same province.

SHOW MORE
Last Update: Wednesday, 20 May 2020 KSA 09:58 - GMT 06:58
Top