The secretary-general of the Muslim World League, Dr. Mohammed bin Abdulkarim al-Issa, criticized attempts to politicize the Islamic ritual of Hajj on Wednesday by highlighting the spiritual importance of pilgrimage and warning against any breaches of its intended purpose.
Muslim World League chief denounces attempts of politicizing Hajj
Al-Issa added that Saudi Arabia will not allow any behavior that disrupts a peaceful environment for pilgrims. (Supplied)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English
- 7067 Views Coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia rise to 2,385 with 34 fatalities
- 4177 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 3821 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 2299 Views Saudi Ministry of Justice sends out a message of hope amid coronavirus pandemic
- 1791 Views Coronavirus: Bus driver dies after video criticizing passenger for coughing
- 1764 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt business conditions fall at record pace
- 126166 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 69248 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44791 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34143 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30972 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21085 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus