Coronavirus: Kuwait announces three new recoveries, bringing total to 15

Kuwait's Liberation Tower is seen near a Kuwaiti flag in Kuwait City, Kuwait. (File photo: AP)

Kuwait announced that three people have recovered from the deadly coronavirus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 15, the Ministry of Health said on Wednesday.

For more coronavirus news, visit our dedicated page.

Kuwait has reported a total of 142 confirmed cases of coronavirus.

The country announced on Tuesday that it had donated $40 million to the World Health Organization (WHO) to help combat the outbreak, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Khaled al-Jarallah said.

Kuwait has been in constant contact with the organization to ensure that health officials in the country are taking the necessary precautions to protect its citizen and residents, a health ministry spokesman had said earlier this month.

Schools and universities were closed, and all international flights were suspended to contain the spread of coronavirus.

Read more:

Coronavirus: Kuwait warns of ‘countrywide curfew’ if health instructions ignored

Kuwait donates $40 mln to World Health Organization to combat coronavirus

SHOW MORE
Last Update: 08:18 KSA 11:18 - GMT 08:18
Top