European Union foreign ministers on Monday eased an oil embargo against Syria with the aim of helping rebels fighting President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.
EU foreign ministers decide to ease Syria oil embargo to assist rebels
EU commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighborhood Policy Stefan Füle (L), Swedish FM Carl Bildt (C), Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response Kristalina Georgieva talk prior to a Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg. (AFP)
Al Arabiya with Agencies
- 5374 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 4563 Views UAE announces candidacy for non-permanent UN Security Council seat
- 3863 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 3265 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2785 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 1249 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36399 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22994 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15359 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14874 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7975 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7920 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says