A lawyer for Saif al-Islam Qaddafi, the son of the ousted Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi, has accused the authorities in his country of showing a "blatant disregard" for the international criminal court (ICC) by announcing they will put him on trial in August.
Qaddafi son accuses Libya of disregard for law over trial attempt
Saif al-Islam Qaddafi, seen after his capture in 2011. (Reuters)
The Associated Press
- 5284 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3672 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 3148 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2639 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 2567 Views UAE announces candidacy for non-permanent UN Security Council seat
- 1123 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36381 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22854 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15325 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14868 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7971 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7905 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says