Egypt’s Salafist Nour party is urging the government to respond to protesters’ demands and avoid “civil war” by setting a date for early presidential elections, al-Ahram Online reported Tuesday.
Salafists in Egypt call for early elections to avoid ‘civil war’
Egyptian salafists are calling for early presidential elections to stave off prospects of civil war in the country. (File photo: AFP)
- 8730 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3442 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2911 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1863 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 611 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 561 Views Coronavirus: Dubai extends sterilization, enforces strict restrictions on movement
- 123597 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 65006 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44595 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34081 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30579 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21007 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus