A Turkish court ordered the release from jail on Saturday of three Kurdish lawmakers, in addition to two freed on Friday, who are being tried for links to militants in a potential fillip to a fragile peace process.
Turkish court orders release of Kurdish lawmakers accused of militant links
On Friday a Diyarbakir court ordered the release of Gulser Yildirim and Ibrahim Ayhan who won seats for the BDP in a 2011 election but have been held on remand for several years accused of supporting Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) armed rebels. (Photo: Shutterstock)
- 9293 Views Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh assassinated: Ministry of Defense
- 4711 Views Iranian diplomat refuses to appear at bomb plot trial in Belgium: Lawyer
- 4562 Views Saudi Arabia arrests 226 people involved in 158 criminal corruption cases
- 3630 Views Attacks on scientists in Iran in recent years: A list
- 2653 Views Who was Mohsin Fakhrizadeh, the assassinated ‘father of Iran’s nuclear bomb’?
- 1964 Views Khamenei's adviser: Iran will strike killers of nuclear scientist Fakhrizadeh
- 21557 Views UAE-Israel: Nobel Peace Prize nominations for Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, Netanyahu
- 12368 Views Turkey's Erdogan preparing for worst during 4 years of US incoming president Biden
- 9159 Views Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh assassinated: Ministry of Defense
- 8498 Views Saudi FM denies Netanyahu NEOM visit: ‘There were no Israelis present’
- 7577 Views US President Trump tells G20 he looks forward to working with them ‘for a long time’
- 6795 Views Saudi Arabia cracks down on abuse against women with prison term, up to $13,332 fine