As the removal of Syria’s chemical stockpile drags on, President Bashar al-Assad has been accused of stockpiling advanced weaponry – including chemical and biological arms – in the heartland of his Alawite sect, according to The Sunday Times this week.
Is Assad hoarding WMDs in Alawite heartland?
The Pentagon is suggesting the world's chemical weapons watchdog use a U.S.-made mobile destruction unit in Syria to neutralise the country's toxic stockpile. (File photo: Reuters)
Al Arabiya News
- 20863 Views Man arrested in Saudi Arabia's Jeddah after stabbing guard at French consulate: SPA
- 18328 Views France knife attack: Woman beheaded in Nice church, two others dead, several injured
- 4280 Views Beheading in Nice church the latest in France’s recent history of attacks
- 3663 Views French investigators identify Nice attacker as a 21-year-old Tunisian migrant
- 2046 Views Trump on attack in France: ‘Radical Islamic terrorist attacks’ must stop immediately
- 1526 Views France’s Macron vows country will not yield after ‘Islamist terrorist attack’ in Nice
- 27817 Views Macron tweets in Arabic that France ‘will never give in’ amid Prophet cartoon storm
- 25680 Views Saudi ministry clarifies after report on pending decision to abolish kafala system
- 20832 Views Man arrested in Saudi Arabia's Jeddah after stabbing guard at French consulate: SPA
- 18315 Views France knife attack: Woman beheaded in Nice church, two others dead, several injured
- 17414 Views Head of Muslim League on Prophet cartoon: We are not against freedoms, only hatred
- 16049 Views Saudi Arabia condemns Prophet cartoons, rejects attempts linking Islam to terrorism