The al-Qaeda-linked Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has formed two female battalions in Syria’s northern city of Raqqah, pan-Arab newspaper Asharq al-Awsat reported on Sunday.
Al-Qaeda in Syria forms female brigades
A female member of anther jihadist battalion, the Ahbab Al-Mustafa Battalion, assembles a rifle during military training in a mosque in the Seif El Dawla neighborhood in Aleppo. (File photo: Reuters)
Al Arabiya News
- 9141 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3213 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 2813 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 2120 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 827 Views Coronavirus: UAE central bank increases economic stimulus to $69 billion
- 793 Views Coronavirus: UAE officially asks to postpone Expo 2020 until October 2021
- 124904 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 67263 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44680 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34105 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30757 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21042 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus