The United Nations harshly criticized Syria’s decision to hold a presidential election on June 3, amid the ongoing bloody war in the country, saying that the election would ruin any potential political resolution to the problem.
Assad’s election plan gets cold shoulder from U.N.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad (L) talks to soldiers during his visit to Maaloula town, northeast of Damascus April 20, 2014. (Reuters)
Al Arabiya News
- 8069 Views Investments in Saudi Arabia’s economy will reach six trillion dollars: Crown Prince
- 6731 Views COVID-19: Saudi Arabia warns against travel to 12 countries without permission
- 5542 Views Coronavirus cases in the UAE surge as authorities detect 3,407 new infections
- 3782 Views Coronavirus: Pfizer to temporarily reduce vaccine deliveries to Europe
- 2370 Views US pigeon who flew to Australia may ‘face consequences’ of illegal entry: Deputy PM
- 2122 Views Indonesia earthquake death toll rises to at least 34: Authorities
- 21825 Views Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince reveals project ‘THE LINE’ in futuristic city of NEOM
- 19921 Views Indonesia finds suspected debris of Sriwijaya Flight 182 off Jakarata
- 11747 Views Oman Sultan issues new law organizing succession, naming of crown prince
- 11735 Views First Qatari vehicle enters Saudi Arabia after reopening of Salwa border
- 9516 Views Coronavirus: UAE reports 3,362 new COVID-19 cases, total hits 239,587
- 7438 Views Coronavirus: Seven Dubai health centers offering Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine