Militants from the radical jihadist group the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria have set fire to a 1,800-year-old church in Iraq’s second largest city of Mosul, a photo released Saturday shows.
ISIS burns 1,800-year-old church in Mosul
The burning of the church is the latest in a series of destruction of Christian property in Mosul, which was taken by the Islamist rebels last month.
Staff writer, Al Arabiya News
- 6704 Views France: Calls for boycotting French products in Middle East ‘must stop immediately’
- 6083 Views Turkey’s Erdogan says European leaders must put end to Macron’s ‘anti-Islam’ agenda
- 4632 Views Coronavirus: Israel’s Mossad ‘brought’ COVID-19 vaccine from China, says report
- 2095 Views US reiterates potential serious consequences for Turkey after Erdogan mocks sanctions
- 1972 Views Tensions between EU and Turkey escalate over Erdogan’s insults to Macron
- 1770 Views Pakistan's parliament urges govt to withdraw envoy from France over Prophet cartoon
- 28496 Views Iranian dissident Mehdi Amin found murdered at his residence in Canada
- 23370 Views Macron tweets in Arabic that France ‘will never give in’ amid Prophet cartoon storm
- 12167 Views Coronavirus: UAE continues to battle surge of infections as 1,563 new cases detected
- 10917 Views Saudi Arabia’s Council of Senior Scholars: Insulting prophets only serves extremists
- 10907 Views Israel, Sudan announce deal normalizing ties
- 10640 Views France recalls envoy to Turkey after Erdogan questions Macron’s mental health