More than 11,000 Filipinos in Libya have ignored appeals to evacuate, with many apparently choosing to take their chances in the war-torn country rather than risk unemployment at home, a foreign department spokesman said Monday.
Philippine workers 'would rather take chances in Libya'
Originally there were 13,000 Filipinos working in Libya but after the government called on them to return, due to the worsening security situation, only "a little more than 1,000" had fled or were waiting to leave.
- 5296 Views Lebanon’s PM-designate Adib announces resignation
- 3565 Views Coronavirus: Imams, priests in Abu Dhabi exempted from COVID-19 test fees
- 2809 Views Coronavirus: Thousands protest COVID-19 restrictions in central London
- 1895 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia reports 461 new cases, 769 recoveries in 24 hours
- 1001 Views Coronavirus happened ‘naturally’, not in a lab: WHO
- 988 Views Arab Coalition destroys Houthi air defense system in Yemen’s Sanaa
- 34196 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 24177 Views Coronavirus: Dubai Police arrest Arab actress for hosting public birthday parties
- 23467 Views Turkey sentences female politician to prison for calling Erdogan ‘enemy of women’
- 16245 Views Explosion in Lebanon at Hezbollah arms depot: Report
- 15981 Views Another country will sign a peace deal with Israel in ‘next day or two’: US diplomat
- 15808 Views Coronavirus: UAE records over 1,000 COVID-19 cases, its highest single day spike