Suspects in Jeddah ‘flood disaster’ to be put on ‘Interpol’ list

Sources said that bribery and forgery accounted for most of the accusations in these trials. (File Photo: Reuters)

Concerned authorities and Jeddah’s administrative court intend to list suspects of the infamous “flood disaster” incident that hit Jeddah in 2009 on the Interpol’s wanted list.

The list includes businessmen and expatriates who left the country and did not attend the trials of which they were notified ahead of time.

Sources said that bribery and forgery accounted for most of the accusations in these trials, followed by exploit often and benefiting from one’s position.

The court tried a large number of suspects and has cleared many of them, convicted a number of government employees and sports figures.

The court previously pointed out that officials at the municipality and other suspects have left the country without providing any excuse and have threatened the use of Interpol to subpoena them.

This article was first published in the Saudi Gazette on Monday, Sept. 22, 2014.
 

SHOW MORE
Last Update: Wednesday, 20 May 2020 KSA 09:45 - GMT 06:45
Top