The son of an assassinated chief of Shiite militant group Hezbollah has been appointed the organization’s leader of a border district between Israel and Syria, CNN Arabic reported, citing Syrian opposition sources.
Son of slain Hezbollah chief takes command on Syria-Israel border
The image on the left shows Jihad Mughniyeh with Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah. The image on the right shows Jihad Mughniyeh with his father, slain Hezbollah commander Imad Mughniyeh.
Staff writer, Al Arabiya News
- 4653 Views Coronavirus: Dubai's latest COVID-19 rules for weddings, restaurants, gyms, concerts
- 2428 Views New UK variant of COVID-19 may carry higher risk of death, says PM Johnson
- 1782 Views UAE confirms signing $23 bln deal to buy F-35 jets, drones from US
- 1612 Views Dubai in talks with Denmark after suspension of flights due to COVID-19 test concerns
- 1453 Views WHO, Pfizer in deal for 40mln doses of coronavirus vaccine
- 1298 Views Top Iran leader Khamenei posts Trump-like golfer image, vows revenge for Soleimani
- 21454 Views Coronavirus: Doctor in Saudi Arabia leaves hospital after battling virus for 139 days
- 19061 Views Coronavirus: Number of new UAE COVID-19 cases reaches record high
- 16734 Views Airstrikes pound Iran-backed militias south of Iraq’s Baghdad: Reports
- 10679 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders hospitals to cancel surgeries amid surge in COVID-19 cases
- 7885 Views Coronavirus: Dubai suspends live entertainment permits as COVID-19 cases surge
- 7709 Views Dubai to test launch iconic London Taxi vehicles using hybrid cabs