Libya’s internationally recognized government ordered on Tuesday its military, led by renegade General Khalifa Haftar, to advance on the capital Tripoli and called for a civil disobedience there against armed Islamist groups.
Libya orders army to advance on capital
A fighter from armed group Operation Dawn fires a weapon during clashes with rival group the Zintan brigade, on the outskirts of the city of Kklh, southwest of Tripoli Oct. 21, 2014. (File: Reuters)
Staff Writer, Al Arabiya News
- 8729 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3440 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2909 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1863 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 1227 Views Coronavirus: Dubai to halt tram, metro services from Sunday
- 611 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 123597 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 65006 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44595 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34081 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30579 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21007 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus