A story reported by the Associated Press on Friday claiming that Saudi Shura Council has recommended to the government lifting a de-facto ban on women’s driving was previously reported in Arabic press in details six years ago, in 2008.
AP story on Saudi women driving a hoax?
Female driver Azza al-Shmasani alights from her car after driving in defiance of the ban in Riyadh June 22, 2011. (Reuters)
Al Arabiya News
- 8537 Views Coronavirus: Passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi must wear COVID-19 tracking device
- 2398 Views Coronavirus: UAE reports 786 new COVID-19 cases raising total to 82,568, no deaths
- 2306 Views Lebanon football player Mohamad Atwi dies from stray bullet injury to head
- 1836 Views Coronavirus: Pets can catch COVID-19 from owners, study finds
- 1606 Views Hezbollah setting up caches of the same Beirut explosion chemicals across Europe: US
- 1513 Views Coronavirus: Astrazeneca denies vaccine trial subject had nerve ailment
- 37962 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia to partially lift ban on international flights
- 34622 Views Dubai Police arrest man for ‘dancing indecently’ in viral video at local cafe
- 33358 Views Coronavirus: China virologist says COVID-19 man-made, market claims false
- 19715 Views Coronavirus: UAE to hold media briefing on COVID-19
- 16292 Views Morocco, Israel set to establish direct flights: Report
- 14919 Views Coronavirus: UAE records highest daily spike in COVID-19 cases with 1,007 new cases