The death toll in the world’s most brutal conflicts climbed by more than 28 percent last year from 2013 with bloodshed in Syria worse than all others for the second year running, according to a study released on Wednesday.
Death toll climbed sharply in major 2014 conflicts: study
Syrian refugee children look at the remains of one of the caravans which was burnt at the Al-Zaatari refugee camp in the Jordanian city of Mafraq, near the border with Syria. (File photo: Reuters)
- 8784 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3480 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2975 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1913 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 653 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 617 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 123975 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 65330 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44613 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34083 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30606 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21011 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus