Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said in a U.S. television interview that Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), which has seized swaths of territory in Syria and Iraq, has been gaining recruits since the start of U.S.-led air strikes against the militant group.
Assad: ISIS has expanded since start of U.S. strikes
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad giving an interview to journalists from various Russian media outlets in the Syrian capital Damascus. (File: AFP)
- 4877 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 2723 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2340 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 2234 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 706 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 167 Views Three members of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards killed in drive-by attack in southeast
- 36354 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22510 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15231 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14802 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7955 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7874 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says