Iran has been shipping weapons to Yemen's Houthi rebels since at least 2009, according to a confidential U.N. report, indicating that Tehran's support dates back to the early years of the Shiite militia's insurgency.
Iran arming Yemen’s Houthis since 2009: U.N.
Houthi militants gesture in the yard of the residence of the military commander of the Houthi militant group, Abdullah Yahya al Hakim, after it was hit by an airstrike, in Sanaa April 28, 2015. (File Photo: Reuters)
AFP, United Nations
- 12641 Views Eight moments that led up to the UAE’s agreement with Israel
- 10323 Views Israel behind Port of Beirut explosions, says former Lebanon interior minister
- 3010 Views UAE’s Jewish community reacts to country’s historic agreement with Israel
- 2109 Views After UAE-Israel peace deal, a Palestinian state is the next step
- 2008 Views US confirms the seizure of four Iranian tankers headed to Venezuela
- 1770 Views Hezbollah threatens to attack Israel if Beirut blast was sabotage: Nasrallah
- 62356 Views Coronavirus, fires, crashes, locust swarms: Ten bad things that happened in 2020
- 50539 Views Dubai to enforce flexible working hours starting from August 16
- 22090 Views Iran seizes ship in international waters in Gulf, says US CENTCOM
- 18892 Views Indonesia volcano Mount Sinabung erupts with tower of smoke and ash
- 18391 Views Beirut would be ‘erased’ had full chemical load exploded, bulk likely stolen: Expert
- 16693 Views Macron threatens to impose sanctions on Lebanon officials, including Bassil: Source