Emir of Makkah Prince Khaled Al-Faisal has assigned five transport companies to temporally provide public transport services to about 25 million pilgrims and visitors to the Grand Mosque during the holy month of Ramadan, which officially starts today (Thursday).
1,600 buses to transport 25 million worshipers in Makkah
A total of 1,600 buses will transport Umrah pilgrims and visitors from the various car parks to the Grand Mosque and back. (File photo: Shutterstock)
- 6854 Views UAE announces candidacy for non-permanent UN Security Council seat
- 5492 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 4170 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 3408 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2969 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 1427 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36423 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 23176 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15401 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14892 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7983 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7936 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says