The United States denounced Egypt’s newly expanded counterterrorism law Tuesday, expressing concern about its potential impact on human rights in the country, a military ally of the United States.
U.S. denounces Egypt’s new anti-terror law
Anti-government protesters pull on barbed wire separating them from security forces during a hearing on the case of ousted President Hosni Mubarak, Nov. 29, 2014. (AP)
- 42287 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 9224 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia sets earlier curfew time in al-Qatif, al-Taif, Dammam city
- 4742 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 2,039 cases total including 25 deaths
- 4678 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 1835 Views Coronavirus: Ultra-orthodox Jews cough on Israeli police, calling them 'Nazis'
- 1546 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 358420 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 121205 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 44460 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 42289 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 34001 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 29926 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina