Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants on Sunday blew up the ancient temple of Baal Shamin in the UNESCO-listed Syrian city of Palmyra, the country’s antiquities chief told AFP.
ISIS blows up ancient temple in Syria’s Palmyra
The temple of Baal Shamin in Palmyra, seen here before ISIS blew it up (Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya News
- 9006 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3657 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 3136 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 2364 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 2046 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 753 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 124584 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 66541 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44646 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34091 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30695 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21023 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus