The U.N.’s Mideast envoy warned on Tuesday that clashes between Israelis and Palestinians in and around Jerusalem’s holy sites have the potential to ignite violence well beyond the walls of its old city, pointing to “a vicious tide of terror and extremism” in the region.
U.N.: Aqsa clashes a threat beyond Jerusalem
Israeli border police are seen inside the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound after firing teargas or a smoke grenade in Jerusalem's Old City on Sep. 13. (File photo: AP)
The Associated Press
- 8782 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3476 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2974 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1913 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 653 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 613 Views Coronavirus: Dubai extends sterilization, enforces strict restrictions on movement
- 123975 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 65330 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44613 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34083 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30606 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21011 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus