Iraq’s interior ministry blamed Iranian authorities for allowing tens of thousands of Shi’ite Muslim pilgrims to storm a border crossing and enter the country without visas, in a rare public confrontation between the two neighbors.
Iraq blames Iran after thousands of pilgrims storm border crossing
In this Sept. 4, 2010 photo, people cross the border at the Zarbatiyah crossing southeast of Baghdad, Iraq. (File photo: AP)
- 140521 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia imposes 24-hour curfew in several cities, including Riyadh
- 16905 Views Health minister says Saudi Arabia coronavirus cases could reach 200,000 within weeks
- 9511 Views Coronavirus: Egypt to suspend Ramadan group iftars, activities, says Ministry
- 6794 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records a total of 2,795 cases
- 3486 Views UAE sends 10 tons of medical supplies to Italy to help counter coronavirus
- 3466 Views Coronavirus: Kuwait orders two areas into full lockdown
- 140522 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia imposes 24-hour curfew in several cities, including Riyadh
- 73713 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 31706 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 16921 Views Health minister says Saudi Arabia coronavirus cases could reach 200,000 within weeks
- 15415 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 14105 Views Philippine ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus in Beirut