Baghdad’s demand that Ankara withdraw troops it says entered Iraq illegally applies to “Turkish armed forces” in the country’s north, but excludes advisers, the foreign minister said Monday.
Iraq wants Turkish ground troops out, not advisers
Turkish soldiers pray during the funeral of slain soldier Mehmet Yalcin Nane, killed Thursday by ISIS militants when they attacked a Turkish military outpost at the border with Syria. (File photo: AP)
- 6854 Views UAE announces candidacy for non-permanent UN Security Council seat
- 5492 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 4175 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 2969 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 1428 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 578 Views US Elections: Biden slams Trump as a ‘clown’ as rivals quarrel in debate
- 36423 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 23176 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15401 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14892 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7983 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7936 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says