A U.N. report released Tuesday says at least 18,802 civilians in Iraq were killed and another 36,245 wounded between Jan. 1, 2014 and Oct. 31, 2015.
Nearly 19,000 killed in Iraq in under 2 years: U.N.
ISIS swept across northern and western Iraq in the summer of 2014 plunging the country into its worst political and security crisis since the withdrawal of U.S. troops in 2011 (File Photo: AP)
- 5227 Views Coronavirus: Dubai's latest COVID-19 rules for weddings, restaurants, gyms, concerts
- 2598 Views Arab Coalition intercepts missile, drone attack targeting Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh
- 2513 Views New UK variant of COVID-19 may carry higher risk of death, says PM Johnson
- 1891 Views UAE confirms signing $23 bln deal to buy F-35 jets, drones from US
- 1815 Views Dubai in talks with Denmark after suspension of flights due to COVID-19 test concerns
- 1756 Views Coronavirus: UAE cases continue to increase with 3,566 new COVID-19 infections
- 21467 Views Coronavirus: Doctor in Saudi Arabia leaves hospital after battling virus for 139 days
- 19083 Views Coronavirus: Number of new UAE COVID-19 cases reaches record high
- 16736 Views Airstrikes pound Iran-backed militias south of Iraq’s Baghdad: Reports
- 10696 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders hospitals to cancel surgeries amid surge in COVID-19 cases
- 7921 Views Coronavirus: Dubai suspends live entertainment permits as COVID-19 cases surge
- 7713 Views Dubai to test launch iconic London Taxi vehicles using hybrid cabs