MIDDLE EAST

Bodies of 21 Egyptians killed by ISIS in Libya recovered

ISIS took control of Sirte in 2015 and lost the city late last year to local forces backed by US air strikes. (File photo: Reuters)

The bodies of 21 Egyptian Christians killed by ISIS in its former Libyan stronghold of Sirte have been recovered, the attorney general’s office said on Friday.

The bodies were found in the same orange jumpsuits the victims were wearing when they were filmed being killed in the coastal city in February 2015, according to a statement provided to Libya’s Al-Ahrar TV channel.

Sadiq al-Sour, the head of investigations for the attorney general’s office, said last week that the area where the bodies were buried had been identified after a captured commander gave details of its whereabouts.

ISIS took control of Sirte in 2015 and lost the city late last year to local forces backed by US air strikes.

SHOW MORE
Last Update: Saturday, 7 October 2017 KSA 07:51 - GMT 04:51
Top
BREAKING NEWS

Send to a friend

Close
Bodies of 21 Egyptians killed by ISIS in Libya recovered
Friend's name:
Friend's Email:
Sender's name:
Sender's Email:
Captcha Code
How are we doing?
X

How are we doing?

Name Name *
Email Email *
Country Country
Message Message *
Maximum 550 words allowed