US national security adviser John Bolton said on Sunday that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s grip on power is not a strategic issue for the United States, but Iran’s presence in the country is.
John Bolton on Syria: ‘Iran’s support for global terror’ is key concern for US
Bolton said that President Donald Trump hoped to secure Russia’s help in evicting Iranian forces from the country. (Photo courtesy: CBS Face the Nation)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English
- 12146 Views Major blast heard in Paris after fighter jet breaks sound barrier
- 7609 Views UAE announces candidacy for non-permanent UN Security Council seat
- 4863 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 3371 Views Kuwait’s new Emir Sheikh Nawaf al-Sabah takes oath at the National Assembly
- 3254 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 2475 Views Biden uses Arabic phrase ‘inshallah’ in debate with Trump, causing social media storm
- 36499 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 23526 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15484 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14930 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7999 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7955 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says