Istanbul police have opened 32 investigations following allegations of voting “irregularities” made by the ruling party of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan after its shock loss in local elections, Turkish media reported Thursday.
Istanbul police open probes over vote ‘irregularities’
Imamoglu won the Istanbul mayorship by less than 15,000 in a city of more than 15 million. (File photo: AFP).
- 62229 Views Coronavirus, fires, crashes, locust swarms: Ten bad things that happened in 2020
- 10884 Views Kuwait nears deal to drastically cut expat numbers by hundreds of thousands: Report
- 8143 Views Qassem Soleimani Foundation tweets photo targeting Trump, vows ‘retaliation’
- 7997 Views Turkish drone kills two high-ranking Iraqi officers in Kurdish region: Army
- 3523 Views Beirut explosion: Six sources explain details, shine light on Hezbollah link
- 2663 Views US elections: Trump blasts 'Slow Joe' and 'Phony Kamala' after Biden VP pick
- 49350 Views Dubai to enforce flexible working hours starting from August 16
- 40964 Views Beirut explosion: Missing port worker found alive in sea 30 hours after Lebanon blast
- 37378 Views Watch: Beirut explosion sweeps away bride and groom posing for wedding pictures
- 20506 Views Beirut blast is the most tragic: 6 explosions, fires around the world within 72 hours
- 19378 Views Colonel who died suspiciously had asked for removing ammonium nitrate: Lebanese media
- 19142 Views Investigators find underground chamber beneath Beirut port wreckage: Reports