Iran warns against any attack, says ‘response won’t be limited to its source’

In a letter to the US via Switzerland, Iran warned against any attack, adding that its “response won’t be limited to its source.” (File photo: AFP)

Iran's retaliation to any military attack will not be "limited to its source," Tehran said in an official note to Washington, Iran's semi-official ISNA news agency reported on Wednesday.

"In an official note to the United States via Swiss embassy, Iran has reiterated that it was not behind attacks on Saudi Arabia's oil facilities and it has warned that any move by America against Iran will get immediate reaction," ISNA reported.

Iran vowed to respond “immediately” to any US action against it and denied that it was behind Saturday’s drone attacks on Saudi Aramco oil facilities, according to ISNA.

US officials say they have evidence that Iran carried out the Saturday attacks on Saudi Aramco oil facilities in Abqaiq and Hijrat Khurais.

Multiple reports have quoted US intelligence sources as saying that the attack originated from Iran. US President Donald Trump previously said on Monday that it was “looking like” Iran was responsible for the attacks.

On Wednesday, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said that the attacks are a test of international resolve in the face of destructive acts that threaten global security and stability.

On the same day Saudi Arabia joined the International Maritime Security Construct, the US-led alliance which aims to protect merchant ships and ensure freedom of maritime navigation and international trade. The alliance covers areas including the Strait of Hormuz, Bab al-Mandab, Sea of Oman and the Arabian Gulf.

SHOW MORE
Last Update: Wednesday, 20 May 2020 KSA 09:56 - GMT 06:56
Top