The UN Security Council’s president, South African ambassador Jerry Matthews Matjila, appealed to Turkey Wednesday to “protect civilians” and exercise “maximum restraint” in its military operations in Syria.
UN Security Council head appeals to Turkey for restraint in Syria
Matjila expressed hope that the council could meet quickly on the situation. (File photo: AP)
AFP, United Nations
- 5046 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3065 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 2892 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2430 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 862 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 493 Views New peace deals are changing the region, Lebanon must reconsider its stance on Israel
- 36367 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22628 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15261 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14825 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7961 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7881 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says